BEDDING FOR POULTRY
About Spanvall Poultry Bedding
Spanvall Poultry Bedding is a mix of wood shavings and decayed plant fibers. The particle size is uniquely compounded and sifted multiple times to achieve optimum absorbency. The bedding comprises a controlled moisture content. Packed in big bales of each 6,000 litres/6m3. Delivered on disposable pallets measuring 980×1,150mm.
Application of Spanvall Poultry Bedding
Clean and disinfect the houses approximately 24 hours prior to introducing the new brood of chicken.
Distribute the bedding throughout the house, which has been pre-heated to approximately 34 to 35⁰C.
By the time the new brood of chicken is introduced, the bedding has dried out and the moisture has been released into the air.
Thus, the humidity is markedly increased, and the climate is optimum.
The coverage is approximately 5 to 7 litres/m2 (approximately 1 big bale per 1,000m2).
Maximum coverage is recommended during the winter months.
The bedding does not form a crust, which means that further treatment of the bedding is unnecessary.
• 100 percent dust-free
• No crusting, as is the case with e.g. unmixed peat
• Marked reduction in the scalding of pads
• Approved as organic bedding
• 100 percent dust-free on application
• High absorbency capacity
• Low pH-value = low bacterial growth
• Good bearing strength
• Ensures optimum humidity on the introduction of a fresh brood of chicken
• Labour-saving as the product is easily applied and as no additional watering of the bedding is required due to the natural moisture content of the product.
Packed in big bales of each 6,000 litres/6m3. Delivered on disposable pallets measuring 980×1,150mm.
Would you like us to contact you?
Then, enter your information and we will contact you as soon as possible.
About Spanvall Peat
Peat has a very high absorbency capacity and goes a long way. The low pH-value of the Peat reduces the occurrence of sulcus thrush while also fixing the smell of ammonia. This provides an improved stable climate without dust and odour nuisances.
Application of Peat Bedding
1 bigbale per 1.000 m2
• High absorbency, up to ten times its own weight at 35 percent humidity
• Firm, springy and heat-insulating base
• Fixes ammonia
• Minimal consumption, as the peat does not often need replacing
• Less requirement for additional treatment and less space required for storage and dung heap
• Quickly composted into valuable garden compost
• Good stable climate for animals and people
6.000 liters (approx. 850 kg)
1 bigbale per pallet
100 percent unmixed peat
About Blue Spanvall
Historically, the coarse shavings originate from Sweden. The shavings are manufactured from soft, quality softwood shavings which have been heat-treated. Their coarse structure makes the shavings particularly well-suited for chickens, as the shavings are free of pointy objects. The coarse shavings are also well-suited for chickens, as their coarse texture makes it difficult for chickens to peck at the shavings, thus, preventing choking.
At Spanvall, we call our coarse shavings Blue Spanvall, and these shavings are widely used, including as deep bedding for cattle. However, they are especially well-suited for horses and poultry. When you apply Spanvall shavings, you create and discover a brighter and more welcoming environment.
Application of Blue Spanvall
Poultry as required
• High absorbency
• Less dung heap
• Bright and soft surface layer
23 kg +/- 10 percent
21 bales per pallet